On 2011-07-06 17:37, john wrote:

> Any suggestions other than converting to e16? (which is becoming
> tempting). This seems to happen every upgrade of xfce4/polkit/dbus.

polkit seems to me just another HAL...

Try:
http://wiki.xfce.org/tips

Of course you still need to put:

xfce4-user-session-shutdown.sh in the /etc/sudoers file and allow
yourself (and whatever other users that you want) to shutdown.

Myself, I'm still running xfce4-4.6.2... and have this in my
/etc/sudoers file:
usernamehere hostname=NOPASSWD: /usr/libexec/xfsm-shutdown-helper
usernamehere hostname=NOPASSWD: /sbin/shutdown

If all else fails you can still do a manual "sudo /sbin/shutdown -h now"...

Whatever happened to simplicity and the KIS rule?

HTH

Best regards

Peter K