On 19 July 2011, at 21:47, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> Screens; a choice between
> 1920x1080 WLED
> 1920x1080 RGBLED IPS
>
> The IPS screen only comes with an NVIDIA Quadro 2000M with 2GB GDDR3,
> The regular screen comes with these choices of video card:
>
> AMD FirePro M5950 Mobility Pro with 1GB GDDR5 dedicated memory
> NVIDIA Quadro 1000M with 2GB GDDR3 dedicated memory
> NVIDIA Quadro 2000M with 2GB GDDR3 dedicated memory
>
> The price difference is substantial. Considering that my usage is
> nothing more stressful than KDE eye-candy and mplayer, is the IPS
> screen worth the extra price?

I *believe* that the difference between IPS screen and the other may manifest
itself in things like viewing angle, accuracy or consistency of colour
reproduction (for photographers / graphics designers) and clarity of viewing in
daylight.

This thread is 5 years old, so there may well have been developments since:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus/44510-what-ips-screen.html

This may not matter at all to you, and maybe you're just asking about the GPU,
but I thought I'd address the question you actually posed. ;)

Stroller.