On Thursday 28 July 2011 01:47:12 walt wrote:
> On 07/27/2011 08:01 AM, Michael Mol wrote:
> > If you allow tmpfs to be backed by swap...
>
> Does that require some extra configuration?

Nope. You just define swap and tmpfs in your fstab. Here are my entries:

$ grep swap /etc/fstab
/dev/sda3       none            swap    sw,pri=10               0 0
/dev/sdb3       none            swap    sw,pri=10               0 0
/dev/sda7       none            swap    sw,pri=1                0 0
/dev/sdb7       none            swap    sw,pri=1                0 0
$ grep tmpfs /etc/fstab
tmpfs           /tmp              tmpfs   noatime,nodev,nosuid,size=8G 0 0
shm             /dev/shm        tmpfs   nodev,nosuid            0 0

I haven't changed anything there since upgrading from 4 to 16GB RAM a few
months ago. Notice that the tmpfs was then bigger than the installed RAM. It
worked just fine.

--
Rgds
Peter                   Linux Counter number 5290