Jerry McBride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> skribis:
> On Sunday 14 August 2005 06:06 pm, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
> > On Sunday 21 August 2005 22:05, Jerry McBride wrote:
> > > What and where EXACTLY is gentoo behind any other release?
> >
> > gcc4
> >
> > since fedora switched to gcc4, all the version-number-junkies got itchy.
> >
> > Is not too bad, if some of them go to fedora...
>
> We must not be on the same page.... If you WANT gcc4 you can certainly have
> it
> in Gentoo.

Another thing, too, and I don't know if this is the case with Fedora,
but a binary distribution isn't necessarily all compiled with the
installed compiler.  It probably ought to be, but it doesn't have to
be.

A few adventurous individuals (not I) have been using gcc4 to build
~amd64 stuff and there are still some packages that give trouble.