On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 9:54 AM, BRM <bm_witn...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> From: Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com>
>> On Tuesday 06 Sep 2011 15:24:33 BRM wrote:
>> I don't know if one is causing a clash with the other, so don't try to
>> use
>> both at the same time.  If wicd is started automatically when you boot/login,
>> then just use that.
>
> Well, I figured this part out. Essentially, I had wpa_supplicant, and wicd
> installed.
> However, what I really wanted to NetworkManager and KNetworkManager installed.
> So I removed wicd, and installed NetworkManager and KNetworkManager.
> I now get the interface I expected under KDE and don't need to use wpa_gui
> any more.
> Still, it doesn't scan.

I believe NetworkManager provides WPA supplicant functionlaity, so I
don't think you need wpa_supplicant if you have NetworkManager. It's
been a *long* time (about five years) since I messed with wireless
configuration daemons, though. Lots of things can change in that time,
including memory...

--
:wq