On Thursday, 15. September 2011 00:27:43 Trifu Catalin Florin wrote:
> On 2011-09-14 22:23, Michael Mol wrote:
> > like get hidden by '-Show quoted text-'. Hit reply, hit ctrl-End to
> > get to the bottom, reply...and not realize that you jumped past five
> > kilobytes' worth of stale, quoted conversation.
> >
> > Ouch! That (almost) physically hurt! ;-)
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > Peter K, longing for Pine (but too busy & lazy to configure fetchmail
> > right now)
>
> It seams that the discussion degenerated on how to send emails... Can anyone
> please help regarding my problem? It seems that indeed I have an old kernel
> version, but how is that possible taking into consideration that I have
> used genkernel? How can I upgrade it?

You did not reboot. genkernel maybe built a new kernel and installed it into
/boot, but to make use of the newly built kernel, you have to reboot.
If you think, that rebooting is not suitable right now, I offered two
alternative (possible) solutions to your compile problems.

1) disable sandbox temporarily
2) use busybox's touch instead

googling now... a here's a reference:
http://foxpa.ws/2011/04/12/portage-errors-touch-no-such-file-or-directory/
I was wrong. You don't need a kernel > 2.6.22, you need a kernel >= 2.6.22 :)

Best,
Michael