Alan McKinnon wrote:
The basic idea is you set the boot drive in the bios and which runs grub
from that drive's mbr. When you installed that grub you hard-coded it
to know where to find it's grub.conf.

You can use the existing grub and it's config files just fine. Add a
new entry for your new stuff on sdb - grub will reference that drive as
(hd1) in grub.conf - and configure the root, kernel and initrd
settings appropriately.

If I were you I'd install grub to the mbr on sdb as well. If you happen
to switch sda and sdb around, you'll still have code to boot from on
the new first drive and not need to change the boot drive settings in
the bios. It's not a necessity, just a convenience.

That's what I was thinking. Now that I got that straight in my head. Moooooving on.

I was wanting to play with reiserfs4. Where in the heck is the command? I have this:

root@fireball / # mk << tab twice >>
mk_cmds mke2fs mkfs mkfs.ext3 mkfs.msdos mkhybrid mkmanifest mkswap mkdir mkfifo mkfs.bfs mkfs.ext4 mkfs.reiserfs mk_isdnhwdb mknod mktap mkdiskimage mkfontdir mkfs.cramfs mkfs.ext4dev mkfs.vfat mkisofs mkpasswd mktap-2.7 mkdosfs mkfontscale mkfs.ext2 mkfs.minix mkhomedir_helper mklost+found mkreiserfs mktemp
root@fireball / #

I have reiserfs3 but I can't find 4. I didn't see anything in the man page either. I thought it may be a option like -j for ext2 or 3.

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)