Am Montag 19 September 2011, 16:41:08 schrieb Michael Schreckenbauer:
> On Monday, 19. September 2011 16:22:31 Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 10:30:41 +0200
> >
> > Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebre...@piing.fr> wrote:

> > > Believe it or not but I bet you're not doing the same tasks with
> > > your
> > > modern machine and could just not run the user-end software you use
> > > today on a Amiga 4000 with a 68040 cpu at 40Mhz because they learn
> > > new
> > > feature since then.
> > :
> > :-)  Example:
> > Try run a browser on that Amiga. I doubt it would even manage to
> > display the Gentoo logo at http://www.gentoo.org.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origyn_Web_Browser

and I am sure that it will display pngs and jpegs with full colours just fine.
I am sure displaying 2 or 4 MP pictures will be working great. Just like the
mpeg4 you are trying to watch. Or the ogv.

> > And forget all about playing music.

well, the amiga can play mp3. But don't expect it to be usable for anything
else while doing so.

So watching a music video while having a douzend wikipedia-tabs open and a
mailbox with 60000 mails replying to one?

No, not really.

--
#163933