On 2011-09-19 16:22, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> Try run a browser on that Amiga. I doubt it would even manage to
> display the Gentoo logo at http://www.gentoo.org.

Actually, I used Mosaic to surf the web and then moved on to a browser
called IBrowse (then Voyager...). Worked like a charm (esp. considering
the relatively low intensity home pages at the time in the beginning of
the 90'ies - via a 14400 bit modem...). Of course flash can bring even
modern hardware to it's knees (yes, I'm allergic to that too).

> And forget all about playing music.

Actually, it did play music surprisingly well considering it's
capabilities (8-bit sound, 4 channels etc.)... I could even play videos
(though very low resolution compared to todays standards). :-)

Best regards

Peter K