On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 23:06:18 +0200
Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerar...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> > FWIW, PulseAudio predates Windows Vista, Windows 7, even MacOS X. I
> > ran it on a 200MHz machine back when it was called Enlightenment
> > Sound Daemon.
>
> Pulseaudio was meant to be a drop in replacement for ESD but AFAIK
> that is where the common grounds end. Pulseaudio was not ESD and ESD
> is not Pulseaudio.
>
> Plus ESD has/had a less than good reputation to say it politely.

And that brings us to today's trick question of the day, boys and girls:

Which is worse? ESD or aRTS?

I swear, with each passing day I become more and more convinced that
audio and printing are the two ultimately unsolveable computer science
problems. They only seem to ever work at all in a walled garden.

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com