On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 18:55:01 +0200
pk <pete...@coolmail.se> wrote:

> Xmms, I believe it's called. And it's been working fine for quite a
> while (I've actually have never encountered a bug with Audacious), for
> me. Now, when I upgraded to 2.4.x dbus was forced on me (well, that and
> Xfce4)... I'm used to Audacious because I like the simple interface
> (non-gtk+). But if you have another player you would like to recommend
> I'll gladly try it. Requirements: no gconf/gnome/udev/udisk(etc.)
> dependency (only sane dependencies like libogg/flac etc., possibly gtk
> or qt for ui but nothing else), simple UI (like Audacious legacy mode),
> no singin' and dancing crap (simplicity over "features")...

For "just playing music" task I'm using moc[1] or deadbeef[2]. First
one is cute little player with ncurses interface, other is simple
foobar-like GTK player. Outside my headphones there can be heard
what mpd[3] is currently playing (on second sound card).

[1] http://moc.daper.net
[2] http://deadbeef.sourceforge.net
[3] http://mpd.wikia.com

--
      -^-  _        coś tam w tle sobie gra, np:
   _ /O)_\//        Suicide Commando