Michael Mol wrote:
On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Dale<rdalek1...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:

Well, since I don't have or use M$'s junk, I guess I am OK then?  I just
need to make sure any mobo I buy in the future either doesn't have this or
can be disabled?

Heck, if you didn't have to reboot windoze all the time, they wouldn't need
this.  lol
Most hardware will have UEFI. The trick will be making sure the
harware you buy allows the "secure boot" part of it to be turned off.
Microsoft's program requires vendors to support using secure boot, but
doesn't _require_ them to support _not_ using secure boot.

So buy a mobo without it or that can disable it. Got it. It'll be a good while before I buy a new mobo tho. I'm sure they will have a nice fix by then but this is something I need to remember just in case. ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)