Alan McKinnon wrote:
On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 05:13:49 -0500
Dale<rdalek1...@gmail.com>  wrote:

In that case, I then use package.use. Like this in package.use: x11-base/xorg-server -hal net-misc/ntp caps -ipv6 media-gfx/gtkam debug sys-power/nut -usb I use package.use for those exceptions where I don't want something. Otherwise, I put it in make.conf so that I only have one file to deal with for the most part. I am OCD about some things, like brakes on my car, but I'm not that OCD about this one. I do wish emerge would give notice when a USE flag is invalid tho. It's nice that it just ignores it and goes on but a little message that one has fell off the list would be nice.
It does :-)

emerge -p colorizes invalid USE flags and marks them in some way with an
additional character. I forget who exactly it marks them (it's in the
man page and I'm lazy today) but it does stick out like a sore thimb.

Hmmm, I never noticed that before. I think there was only two that was invalid tho. So, I guess there hasn't been as many removed as I thought, at least that I have used anyway. I did enable a couple that I didn't know about tho. lol My USE line ended up not being any smaller. lol

Dale

:-)  :-)