pk wrote:
On 2011-10-02 10:44, Dale wrote:

How's that for a USE line?  What does it look like if there is a USE
Hm... this doesn't really answer the original question but I like to put
my USE flags (in make.conf) in a list (alphabetized [using sort]) like this:

USE="
3dnow
3dnowext
a52
aac
-accessibility
acl
acpi
"

To me, that's easier to maintain and get an overview of...

Best regards

Peter K

Well, I used esue or something and my make.conf USE line now looks like this:

USE="3dnow 3dnowext X a52 acpi alsa aml apng automount avahi \
bash-completion bzip2 cddb cdr chroot cleartype clucene corefonts cups \
     curl dbus declarative dri dvd dvdr embedded escreen esd exif \
     ffmpeg fortran gif gimp gkrellm gnutls gphoto2 gtk hbci hddtemp \
     ipv6 java javascript jbig jpeg2k justify kde libwww \
     logrotate loop-aes mdnsresponder-compat melt mmx mmxext mng mp3 \
     mplayer mysql nls nsplugin nvidia offensive ofx opengl parport pdf \
     policykit ppds ppp qt3support qt4 sasl seamonkey \
     semantic-desktop sift smp sse sse2 sse4a syslog tcl threads tiff tk \
     truetype type1 udev usb vcd webkit wma wmf yahoo zeroconf -acl \
     -bluetooth -branding -crypt -doc -dts -eds -fftw -gcj -gnome \
     -jabber -jingle -ldap -musepack -openldap -oss -otr -sqlite \
     -sqlite3 -theora -v41 -xulrunner"

So, I guess you put the \ on the end and indent the next line and it sees it as one line.

I might also add that mine was in alphabetical order BEFORE I used euse or whatever that was that did the chicken scratch up there.

Want to try it?

Dale

:-)  :-)