Hi everyone,

Well, thanks to the help I got from the list, I finally have Gentoo
installed on my new desktop and booting to a command prompt.

However, now I have a networking issue.

In past, when I booted to the install CD and my ethernet connection was
not active, I typed net-setup eth0 and was able to set it up.  This
time, when I booted to the install CD and typed net-setup eth0, the
network card was not recognized.  I googled and found a post where
someone said that they had to 'modprobe -r broadcom' and 'modprobe -r
tg3' and then 'modprobe broadcom' and 'modprobe tg3' and then, run
net-setup.  I did this and then ifconfig returned my eth0 connection.

Of course, later you have to do the cp -L /etc/resolv.conf
/mnt/gentoo/etc/ .... which I did and dhcpcd has been added to my
default runlevel.

However, when I boot, eth0 does not start.  I can start it manually by
doing 'modprobe -r broadcom' and 'modprobe -r tg3' and then 'modprobe
broadcom' and 'modprobe tg3'

However, I would like to have my network started automatically.

I do have config_eth0="dhcp" in my /etc/conf.d/net file

Any suggestions?

Colleen

--

Registered Linux User #411143 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org