On 10/16/11 08:06, James Broadhead wrote:

Thanks for the input.  This issue is somewhat resolved.
> On 15 October 2011 23:44, CJoeB <colleen.bea...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> (...)
> If this is your first install, is FrameBuffer (pretty consoles) really
> a vital component of getting your machine up and running?
Not my first install - I've been running Gentoo exclusively since 2004.
Framebuffer is not absolutely necessary I guess, but I really would like
those penguins!  What can I say?  I'm female and I like animals!  LOL

Anyway, I got past the issue I was having where the boot hung.  Now, I'm
on to another issue.

Regards,

Colleen

--