This is solved.

The solution came from posting to KDE forums.

It was a configuration issue:

In System Settings, I had to select "Device Actions", "Play Audio CD
with KsCD, select Edit, select "the devices property Available Content
must equal Audio, choose "Property Match"for the parameter type,
"Optical Disk" for the Device type, "Available Content" for the Value
name and Equals Audio.

That did the trick!

Regards,

Colleen