Am 06.11.2011 17:52, schrieb Alex Schuster:
> Florian Philipp writes:
>
>> Am 06.11.2011 14:13, schrieb Mick:
>>> Why would there be no traceroute(8) man page on my laptop?
>>>
>>> An older x86 box has it and displays it without fuss.
>>
>> It seems that the man page has been dropped from the package. Only the
>> old 2.0.3 version from sourceforge still contains it. I couldn't find
>> any mention on on bugs.g.o or traceroute-devel.
>
> I have traceroute-2.0.18 installed, and I do have the man page.
>
>       Wonko

Oh, right. I've found the man page in the source tarballs. It just
changed location.

There is a bug in the original make file for 2.0.15 with a patch in the
portage tree. That probably causes the man page to be missing from the
install but my make-fu is not sufficient to verify that.

Regards,
Florian Philipp