Am 06.11.2011 20:07, schrieb Mick:
> On Sunday 06 Nov 2011 16:52:02 Alex Schuster wrote:
>> Florian Philipp writes:

>>> It seems that the man page has been dropped from the package. Only the
>>> old 2.0.3 version from sourceforge still contains it. I couldn't find
>>> any mention on on bugs.g.o or traceroute-devel.
>>
>> I have traceroute-2.0.18 installed, and I do have the man page.
>
> I am getting confused.  x86 box has traceroute-2.0.15 with man page, while
> amd_64 box has same version and no man page.

I bet the man-page disappears when you re-emerge traceroute. According
to changelog, the patch I mentioned in a different message was
introduced without changing the revision number (it doesn't have to
because it just fixes a build problem). If you emerged traceroute-2.0.15
before the patch was applied, you got the man-page. Afterwards, it is lost.

Regards,
Florian Philipp