Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 13:21:33 -0600, Dale wrote:

Odd thing. I never noticed they were symlinks. A simple `sudo cp ...`
does the right thing here. Did you use `cp -a`, maybe through an
alias?
I do use -av out of habit.  That habit started when I was copying
installs from one drive to another.  I don't think I have any aliases
anymore.  It would be good if I just copied the right thing.  :/
Or you could use make install and remove the possibility for screw-ups.
After all, you trust make to build and kernel, then build and copy the
entire module tree. Surely you can manage to trust it with one more
file :-O

I did use it once but I didn't like the way it did it. That could have changed since then tho. I'm also bad to keep several versions of older kernels around too. I have had over a dozen on /boot before. That's why my /boot is a 200 Mbs or so. Sort of like this:

/dev/sda1               186663     26457    150569  15% /boot

If we carry this to far, I'll being using Linux from Scratch.  ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)