On Saturday 12 Nov 2011 00:42:31 Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 23:47:31 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > If my ftp server stats are anything to go by, Linux Mint is the one
> > power users are targeting right now. Number of downloads is a
> > significant % of number of Ubuntu downloads.
>
> How much of that is a knee-jerk reaction to Unity, Mint being seen as
> "Ubuntu without the new-fangled stuff we don't want to try to understand".

After 5 minutes on my nieces' PC with a new Ubuntu Unity installation I had to
switch off the machine and remove myself from the room until I calmed down.
The swearing was too much for the family to bear!  ;-)

That said, the nieces seem completely at home with Unity and they like it more
than the classic Ubuntu Gnome GUI.  Tut, tut!  Kids!  I guess they will also
like the MSWindows 8 GUI next.  </sigh>
--
Regards,
Mick