On 12/07/11 13:16, Grant wrote:

> Are you sure?  I was using smtps like this:
>
> smtps     inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
>   -o smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes
> #  -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
> #  -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
> #  -o milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING
>
> but I should switch to the below?

Are all of your clients in mynetworks? If so, it doesn't really matter
unless you want to prevent your own users from forging the envelope
sender or "From:" address.

This would enable SASL:

>   -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes

This would allow authenticated users to relay, and reject everything else:

>   -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject

And this does nothing unless you use a filter and want to distinguish
between incoming and outgoing mail: