On 01/01/12 14:48, Dale wrote:
> Colleen Beamer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I seem to have lost the command prompt in konsole and can't figure out
>> how to get it back. I did google this, but didn't see anything
>> relevant. Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks and Happy New Year.
>>
>> Colleen
>>

> Hmmm, are you talking some custom setup using 'PS1=' sort of thing?
That is in:

> /etc/bash/bashrc
>
> For reference, I have this:
>
> PS1='\[\033[01;31m\]\u@\h \[\033[01;34m\]\w \$ \[\033[00m\]'
>
> and that gives me this:
>
> root@fireball / #
>
> The path is shown but I am at /. That works the same on a console as it
does on a Konsole. Is that what you are talking about? If it is, here is
some neato info:

> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-tip-prompt/
>
> Dale
>
> :-) :-)
>
> P. S. Happy New Year ma'am.

I can't type anything in the konsole window (in KDE).  When I exit kde
by pressing Ctrl-Alt-F1 and type echo $PS1, I get output similar to what
you have posted above (PS1='\[\033[01;31m\]\u@\h \[\033[01;34m\]\w \$
\[\033[00m\]' ).  I don't recall exactly what my output is because the
only way I can get a command prompt is by exiting kde.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling konsole to no avail.

Regards,

Colleen

--

Registered Linux User #411143 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org