On 2012-01-11 9:16 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 07:26:07 -0500
Tanstaafl<tansta...@libertytrek.org>  wrote:
I couldn't live without Passwordmaker (Firefox Addon), with it, I can
have as strong and random passwords as I want on every site, it auto
fills the username/password for me (if it is a web login page), but
doesn't store any password anywhere...

Of course it stores the password somewhere. How else could it log you
in next time? It isn't magic, it retrieves the password from somewhere.

Nope, it generates it on the fly every time. It uses the current URL (or if you create a custom account for that URL, whatever you tell it to use), the username (if supplied), and a few other URL unique attributes to compute it, and if you create a custom account, it offers many other options...

I highly recommend it... it does have a small learning curve, but the website will teach you most of what you need to know (I even authored a lot of the wiki)...

http://passwordmaker.org/