On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 16:57:17 +0000
Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:

> OK, if you want to play genlop Top Trumps
>
> [root@hactar ~ 0]% genlop -t libreoffice
>  * app-office/libreoffice
>
>      Wed Feb 15 10:23:58 2012 >>> app-office/libreoffice-3.5.0.3
>        merge time: 40 minutes and 52 seconds.
>
> Incidentally, the full output from genlop -t shows a steady decrease
> in build times as version numbers increase. It looks like
> optimisation of the old OOo code is ongoing.

Actually I would ascribe it more to the libreoffice ebuild maintainers
getting rid of insane amounts of bundled crap in the OOo codebase and
instead building against the versions already in @world.

The ebuild maintainer was quite active on Gentoo's planet a few months
back, giving feedback to users and asking for testers. The amount of
progress being made in unbundling OOo's shit was quite impressive (to
put it mildly)

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com