Hi all,
        one thing i miss from my previous debian system was the long
description that one can acces with 'apt-cache show <package>'.

I know that gentoo is a system for connected people (this means broad
band in my country), this said, if you are online then you can go and
check the web page of the project or do a search trough the web.

But i miss the comfortability of checking some long descriptions at
home, without the need to resort to search the web for every package
that attracts my attention.

I used this method before to look for new apps in my system that i may
need and didn't know before.

The questions would be:
- why gentoo has decided that one line description is enough?
- it's possible to implement long descriptions? (i mean in the
  political decision to do so, i know is technically viable with some
  LONG_DESCRIPTION item in ebuilds)

--
Fernando Canizo - LUGMen: www.lugmen.org.ar - A8N: a8n.lugmen.org.ar
<sel> need help: my first packet to my provider gets lost :-(