On 8/24/05, Michael Crute <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> First of all, sorry about top posting that's the way Gmail does it and you
> cant change the settings.

S**t, look at this. I'm using gmail and not top posting.

Just how stupid are you that you can't move the cursor to the bottom
of the message?

> Also if you are looking for a lazy man's way of getting a package description
> try `emerge > -s packagename` and it prints out a lot of information as well
> as a short description of the > package. I have never seen a long description
> such as those used to build Debian
> packages anywhere in portage and don't really think it would be useful
> anyhow. So try
> emerge -s and if you need more info go to the packae's website. That would be
> my
> advice. Oh, and emerge -s works off the metadata so you dint need an Internet
> connection.

How completely pointless. The OP knows about emerge -s and he knows he
can look at the package's website.

Even worse, you're wrong. emerge -s doesn't look in metadata.xml, it
gets the information from the ebuild.

Dave