Matthias Krebs schreef:
> And as
> someone else mentioned before, vesafb-tng is not a valid kernel
> parameter, so everything after it is ignored.

In what world is this? If you're using vesafb-tng (added to the kernel
options by the fbsplash patch which you get with the gentoo kernels,
which is no surprise, given that it was created by spock, a gentoo
developer), then it most certainly is a valid kernel parameter (and was
selected in the kernel config output that was posted in a previous message.

If the post you're referring to was Uwe's, I don't think he meant that
the parameter was invalid, but rather that rather than using vesafb-tng,
that the OP should try "regular" vesafb, which might work where
vesafb-tng wasn't working.

Oh, and btw, Nagatoro... it's silly, but just open up your grub.conf
with nano and make sure that some word-wrap somewhere didn't mess up
your kernel line. That happened to me a couple of times, and in that
respect, Matthias is on to something: if the line wraps to another line
(with some kind of soft return), and is not really all on one line as it
is supposed to be, the second half of the kernel line (after the soft
wrap) will be ignored. So opening up the file with nano and going to the
beginning of any apparently wrapped line and hitting Backspace to pull
it all together is not a bad idea.

Holly