On Saturday 17 March 2012 12:54:53 Eliezer Croitoru wrote:

> genkernel is pretty simple to use if you ask me.
> just
>
> emerege genkernel
>
> and then use
>
> genkerenl --menuconfig all
>
> it will do everything for you the same as in a regular kernel
> compiling.
>
> you have instructions on how to use genkernel on the handbook.

What's more, you don't have to keep going through menuconfig if you
already have a running self-compiled kernel. Just copy the .config file to
somewhere safe (I use, e.g. /boot/config-3.2) and call genkernel with the
option to specify the config file it's to use. Sorry but I can't tell you
exactly what the parameter is as I don't have genkernel on this box.
Someone will be along in a moment though.

--
Rgds
Peter