On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 04:54:05 -0500, Dale wrote:

> > No need for that, just change locking_dir in lvm.conf to somewhere
> > writeable, as mentioned in the bug report - comment 6.

> Well, I didn't want to mess with the config much since I may make it
> worse.  So, I built a new kernel 3.3.0 and built a new init do hicky.
> Now, it seems to work.  It boots with no errors and everything mounts.
> I also downgraded to lvm2-2.02.88 which works.  A newer version may work
> but that is what I went back to.  It was the last one that I knew
> worked.

You didn't want to change one line in a file, which you could have easily
changed back if it didn't work, so you rebuilt the whole kernel and
initramfs (which are irrelevant to the bug) and downgraded? :-O

--
Neil Bothwick

Give a man a fish and you have fed him for a day, but give him a case of
dynamite and soon the village will be showered with mud and seaweed and
unidentifiable chunks of fish.