Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 04:54:05 -0500, Dale wrote:
>
>>> No need for that, just change locking_dir in lvm.conf to somewhere
>>> writeable, as mentioned in the bug report - comment 6.
>
>> Well, I didn't want to mess with the config much since I may make it
>> worse.  So, I built a new kernel 3.3.0 and built a new init do hicky.
>> Now, it seems to work.  It boots with no errors and everything mounts.
>> I also downgraded to lvm2-2.02.88 which works.  A newer version may work
>> but that is what I went back to.  It was the last one that I knew
>> worked.
>
> You didn't want to change one line in a file, which you could have easily
> changed back if it didn't work, so you rebuilt the whole kernel and
> initramfs (which are irrelevant to the bug) and downgraded? :-O

Well, yea.  I figure they will fix it pretty quick since the bug is
active and folks are working on it.  I wouldn't want my change to break
something in the future when just using a known good version, one that I
was using until just the other day, will work just fine.  Also, I'll
forget I changed that and let the config update when it gets updated
again.  They could lead to breakage too.

Also, I was wanting to update the kernel anyway.  I had trouble with my
network on a older kernel and had to update to fix that.  So far, the
new 3.3 kernel has helped my network even more.  I was actually fixing
more than one issue with the kernel upgrade and downgrading was all of a
one line command.  I'm more likely to remember downgrading than editing
a config file these days.

I'm just glad to get some of this mess sorted.  < sighs >

Dale

:-)  :-)

how you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output?  Hint: