On 08-Jun-12 18:38, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
I just noticed there is new stable portage-utils ebuild
(for amd64) but my system does not want to update it

Is it in your world file?  If not, either add it, or add
"--with-bdeps=y" in the emerge command.

This solves the issue, but it is strange: portage-utils are
not in my world file, so why are they installed? I suppose
this ebuild was maybe included in "system" at the time of
installation and later removed. But if it is so, why is
this "orphaned package" not uninstalled whenever I run
"emerge --depclean"?

Jarry