On 2012-06-22 12:26 PM, Michael Mol <mike...@gmail.com> wrote:
OK, I missed that piece. I presumed there would be writes to the hard disk.

Any reason you can't have these guys netboot?

Only that I've never done that before with servers, and my only experience with netbooting at all was with LTSP about 10 years ago.

I think having 4 CF cards (mirrored pair of mirrored pairs) will be enough redundancy though... ;)

Oh... one other question...

These CF adapters only have 2 screw holes (made to go into laptops, not mounted in a cage), so I can't mount them *properly* in the cage... anyone know where I can get 2.5" 'shell' cases that I could install these cards in so I can mount them properly? Right now I have to shove a piece of anti-static material in between them and the cage (and each other) to prevent them from accidentally touching (yuck!)...