On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 7:50 AM, Tanstaafl <tansta...@libertytrek.org> wrote:
> On 2012-06-22 12:04 AM, Matthew Marlowe <m...@professionalsysadmin.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> But, there is nothing keeping you from getting mirrored CF/SD cards
>> for the hypervisor boot
>

> Also, my questions was more just to which cards are considered best/most
> stable - SD or CF...

Ultimately they both probably have the same flash chips inside of them
so if your main concern is reliability, I don't think it matters.

If your concern is performance, CF seems to be used in more
"professional" applications and more high-speed CF cards are readily
available.

In either case I would suggest avoiding the cheap no-name brands.
Sandisk Extreme Pro is likely the fastest card you can buy (of either
CF or SD form factor), it is available up to 100MB/sec write speeds,
but of course your card reader/host needs to support speeds like that.
Sandisk also routinely has more than 10x the random I/O performance of
most of the other brands which is important when using it on a
computer and not in a linear recording device (photos/video).