On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 17:12:54 -0700, walt wrote:

> I've heard a rumor that Windows doesn't like GUID partition tables, so
> I haven't yet installed grub2 on my one machine that still multiboots
> between operating systems.  (That's my one remaining machine with a
> legal install of Windows.)  I confess I'm not interested enough to
> confirm the rumor, so I continue to wait because there is no incentive
> for me to make the change.

GRUB and GPT are completely unrelated, I use GRUB2 on machines with both
DOS and GPT partition tables, you don't need to repartition your drive to
upgrade your bootloader.

However, I also run GRUB legacy on some systems. I'd never install it
now, but if it's installed and working, why mess with it?

--
Neil Bothwick

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.