On 06/29/2012 05:55 PM, walt wrote:
> On 06/29/2012 01:35 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
>> GRUB and GPT are completely unrelated, I use GRUB2 on machines with
>> both DOS and GPT partition tables, you don't need to repartition
>> your drive to upgrade your bootloader.
>
> I didn't make myself clear.  I wouldn't hesitate to convert this
> machine to GPT (I like it) but I don't know if Windows would like
> GPT.
>
> I guess I should get off my butt and go google it.
>
> Maybe tomorrow ;)

Hah!  I knew all along that if I waited long enough, David Haller would
post a link to this info:

Microsoft's FAQ is a bit pessimistic. It is possible to boot
Windows from a GPT disk on a BIOS-based computer, but the ways
to do this are hacks.

Thanks, David :)

--
This space left intentionally not blank.