On 07/06/2012 05:35 PM, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
> I have one network (a linksys) to which all my devices are attached.
>
> I have two laptops running ~amd64 and one desktop running amd64.
> I have one scanner, an hp officejet 7310 that is (wired) ethernet
> attached.
>
> When I try xsane from either laptop I receive the popup saying that no
> devices are found.  From the desktop all is well.
>
> I can print to the 7310 from all three machines.
> I can ping the 7310 from all machines.

That's pretty strange, for sure.  I assume you have cups and hplip on
all three?

When I use a web browser on localhost:631 I can see two printers on each
machine: hp_LaserJet_3015 and hp_LaserJet_3015_fax. (No 3015_scanner, but
I figure the 'fax' doubles as the scanner.)

Do you have the 'fax' device on your laptops?