Am Dienstag, 28. August 2012, 22:57:43 schrieb Alex Schuster:
> I wrote:
> > Well, all I can do now is to get a new board and see if things will be
> > okay then.
>
> This took longer than expected. The board I wanted (the same I already
> have) was not available, I had to order it. Strange, there is only one
> that has the features I want - AMD3+ chipset, four memory banks, USB 3,
> and on-board graphics.
>
> So I had to wait. And when it became available, I wondered if it might
> be the processor instead that has the problem, so I let the PC shop
> diagnose CPU and board. This took until today, and they confirmed it was
> the board indeed, not the CPU. Fine, I bought the board, installed it in
> the PC, and guess what - it doesn't work. On the first boot I saw some
> BIOS status messages, hard drives and such, but the keyboard did not
> react, and then it did not boot, I got a black screen only. And on
> subsequent tries, with everything (2 ISDN cards, 4 hard drives) except
> for the DVD drive removed, the screen does not even turn on. All fans
> spin, and the DVD-ROM tray opens when I press the eject button. That's
> all. No keyboard LEDs.
>
> This sucks. Is it a faulty board again? Is something (the PSU?) killing
> the board once I turn the thing on? What will happen when I have the
> next board and try again? Argh.

so - instead of changing the PSU, the obvious culprit, you got a new board AND
USED THE SAME PSU?

I am just saying - one faulty PSU fried three of my boards. Enermax... will
never buy again.

The fans spin, so not all hope is lost. Keyboard, ps/2? usb?

But before you do anything else, change the PSU.

--
#163933