"Roland Häder" wrote:
> - sda2 - encrypted swap (at least as double as your RAM) (crypt-swap)
>
> Regards,
> Roland
>
> [1]: http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/DM-Crypt

I don't think this is true anymore.  It was back when machines had small
amounts of ram.  Case in point, I have 16Gbs of ram.  If I have a
program that needs more than that, I need a bigger machine anyway.
Since ram has got so large, and cheap, I always make my swap around 1Gb
or so.  If something does run away and eat up ram, I got enough swap
that I have time to kill it.  I would not make a 32Gb swap partition
tho.  That would slow about any machine to a crawl if it starts using
that much.

I think the new method for determining swap is to use what makes sense
and not the old rule of 'twice the ram'.

Hope that helps.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!