Am 04.09.2012 22:14, schrieb Neil Bothwick:
> On Tue, 04 Sep 2012 20:59:34 +0200, Florian Philipp wrote:
>
>> I just have to make sure to leave nothing private on root, /usr or /etc.
>
> Like your passwd and shadow files?

*g*, good point. However, I'm willing to take the risk on just these
two: passwd doesn't contain anything of considerable interest. shadow
contains exactly two passwords, both as sha256-sums (or similar, did not
really check). The passwords themselves are in excess of 90 bit entropy,
depending on how you estimate it.

Most of the rest which might be of interest and is usually in /etc can
be symlinked there from a safe location in /var.

Regards,
Florian Philipp