On 2012-09-07 7:44 AM, Markos Chandras <hwoar...@gentoo.org> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Tanstaafl<tansta...@libertytrek.org>  wrote:
This has never happened to me before...

Since when did a simple GCC upgrade *automatically* REMOVE my prior GCC
install???

I have *always* kept my prior GCC around for a while, if not until the next
upgrade, just as something to fall back on if the current one breaks.

I am NOT a happy camper.

This always happens if the gcc your are upgrading to is in the same
slot as the previous one.

Well, I've been managing this gentoo server since I installed it over 8 years ago, and I don't *ever* recall a GCC upgrade removing my prior version.

And please write proper subject on emails. "WTF" is not really
appropriate for a mailing list.

Don't be stupid. I see that all the time... if you don't like it just ignore it.