On 2012-09-07 9:12 AM, Markos Chandras <hwoar...@gentoo.org> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Tanstaafl<tansta...@libertytrek.org>  wrote:
Well, I've been managing this gentoo server since I installed it over 8
years ago, and I don't *ever* recall a GCC upgrade removing my prior
version.

All of us told you that you are wrong. Since you insist that Gentoo
always keep multiple gcc versions of the same slot around, then ok , I
guess you know better.

I'm simply saying that I have always been very careful with GCC upgrades (among a few others), and I have always kept the prior version around, using gcc-select to switch to the new version after the upgrade.

I guess the only explanation if what you guys are saying is correct is that I've never done a minor upgrade for the version in the current slot...

Weird...