On 2012-11-06, cov...@ccs.covici.com <cov...@ccs.covici.com> wrote:

>> Once upon a time, there was a Minnesota company called Omnikey that
>> made excellent keyboards -- almost as good as the model M (and they
>> had a dipswitch and extra keycaps that let you have a proper Control
>> key).  I think got bought by Northgate, and then went out of business
>> back when all the other smaller clone manufactures...
>
> Take a look at a company called Ergonomic Resources -- sorry I no longer
> have the URL, but they make a similar keyboard which has actual
> switches! etc.  I  do have the name -- Avant keyboard.

AFAICT, the company that used to make the "Avant" Omnikey clones was
Creative Vision Technologies, and they seem to have gone out of around
2009.  There are reviews of the Avant keyboards from a few years ago
(that mention the FCC ID of the keyboards contains the string
'omnikey'). But, nobody sells the avant keyboards, and CVT seems to be
gone.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Am I SHOPLIFTING?
                                  at