On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 2:20 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 20:17:50 -0600
> Canek Peláez Valdés <can...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 7:57 PM, Alan McKinnon
>> <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote: [snip]
>> > In trying to solve a general problem, Lennart has a knack for
>> > breaking Gentoo - this distro does not fit the general problems he
>> > works on.
>>
>> Oh, really? Didn't get the memo. I suppose all my machines (laptops,
>> desktops, servers and media center) running with Gentoo+systemd (and
>> what is more, *without* OpenRC) are a fidget of my imagination.
>>
>> Regards.
>
> Are you in discussion mode or pick a fight mode?
>
> I'm hoping it's the former.

Just in discussion mode. The statement "this distro does not fit the
general problems he [Poettering] works on" doesn't make much sense; I
thought Gentoo fitted basically everything the user wanted to.
Therefore, in particular fits the model set by the systemd/udev
developers.

Case in point: in my use cases, it fits. I just used sarcasm to refute
said statement.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés