Am Sonntag, 11. November 2012, 18:24:32 schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
> On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 21:32:41 +0800
> >
> > 微蔡 <micro...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >> 在 2012年11月11日 星期日 07:22:41,Bruce Hill 写道:

> >> obsolutly nonsense. what they remove , is the ability to build udev
> >> seperately. udev can still be used without systemd.
> >
> > Say Dude,
> >
> > I have a question (well, two actually)
> >
> > My name is Alan and I've been subscribed on this list for 7 years.
> >
> > What's your name, and how long have you been around?
> >
> > Just trying to establish your place in the pecking order in this here
> > meritocracy.
>
> Seniority != meritocracy. And I don't know how much "meritocratic"
> this list could be, since it is a users lists. The most "merit" a
> member of this list can get is to give technically acurate,
> constructive, and polite help for those users asking for it.

in that case Alan certainly is at the very top.

He is one of maybe three posters where I read every mail - and one of a
handful I have a hard time to disagree with. Same for Neil Bothwick. Just to
name two that rank very highly on my privat list of good gentoo-user citizens.

Because both know what they are talking about. Something that is very rare.

--
#163933