Hi

I am losing up to 10 minites a day on my system clock ie. if it is
correct at boot then the following day, "date" will reply with a time
that has lost up to 10 minites.
Points that may be relavent,

- The system has "worked" correctly for many months prior to next point.
- This problem has occured since building a new kernel and changing to
KDE as the desktop
- Upon a reboot the time has corrected itself.

My questions are
- The kernel was the first I have done without genkernel or oldconfig
is there an option that could be casuing this?
- Can KDE be causing this? though if I drop out of KDE date still
outputs the incorrect time.
- I tried to install "chrony" to adjust the time, though it seems to
be working ie. from logs, though it does not update the sytstem time,
could there be a permissions   issue somewhere or have I lost
something that checks or sync's the system time?
-  As I wrote last question I realised that I did my first "emerge -av
--depclean" a few days ago is it possible that I have removed some app
that keeps a check on system time?

OK, well thanks for reading this far, above are the points that I have
manged to scrape up but do not know how to answer are there any other
points that may be affecting this
any suggestions at all ?

regards
stu

--
"There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand
binary, those who don't"

--Unknown