On 2013-02-03 12:51 PM, Alex Schuster <wo...@wonkology.org> wrote:
The question is not whether to halt the build or not (that cannot and
>will not be done) but how to do the communication:
>
>- news item
There is one, from 2013-01-23, ending with 'Apologies if this news came
too late for you.'

Okay, if that one came a little earlier, I would have been fine.

Ok, I'm actually now toying with the idea of updating udev on my older server, since a separate /usr is now supported...

So, reading this news item:

<snip>

- The need of CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y in the kernel; need to verify the
  fstype for possible /dev line in /etc/fstab is devtmpfs (and not,
  for example, tmpfs)

So, since I have:

shm    /dev/shm     tmpfs      nodev,nosuid,noexec     0 0

I change the type tmpfs to devtmpfs... ok...

Last...

And read every message printed by the emerge of udev and
udev-init-scripts to ensure the system is in order before booting as
this news item might not be complete.

All of these messages will be in the emailed emerge message(s), correct? Meaning, I won't have to be sitting there watching the emerge output?

Thanks...