Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 04:23:55PM -0600, Dale wrote:
>> Neil Bothwick wrote:

>>> If affected my laptop but not my desktop. Re-emerging qt-core with
>>> -Os in CFLAGS instead of -O2 "fixes" it.
>>
>> I think I am going to go back to KDE 4.9 for now. They are working on
>> it. It appears that gcc is the real problem tho. So, I may just
>> upgrade it and see what it breaks. lol Come to think of it, I may
>> already have a newer one installed. Its been a while since I switched
>> gcc versions. Hmmm, going to test this. ;-)
>
> I just went the least way of resistance and built qt-core with -Os. It
solved
> the problem for me, too¹.
>
> Even if my machine had the power to emerge -eD world, that doesn’t mean I
> should do this all the time, just because it might solve a problem
(with a big
> MIGHT). Electricity isn’t as clean as in Captain Picard’s days just
yet. ;-)

> ¹ had -O2 as well, latest stable gcc 4.6.3

Actually, according to the bug report, that may not fix it for
everyone.  So, there is a chance that may not work.  The thinking was it
was something to do with gcc.  Then someone posted that it wasn't gcc
but something else.  I just don't want to use something that I know has
issues and *could* cause problems I am not aware of.

My easy way to to remove the package.keyword file for KDE 4.10 and just
emerge -uvk world.  I keep binaries just for when this sort of things
happens.  It's been a good long while since this has happenend with a
KDE upgrade but I'm glad I had them.  5 to 10 minutes and I am back to a
working system.  The devs will have this fixed in the next couple days
if it is not fixed upstream already.

Dale

:-)  :-)

how you interpreted my words!