luis jure wrote:
> on 2013-03-31 at 23:05 Michael Mol wrote:
>
>> On 03/31/2013 10:00 PM, Philip Webb wrote:
>>> There was a good story in 'Guardian' :
>>>

>>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/mar/29/cyberwar-spun-shoddy-journalism
>>>
>> The Gizmodo article that Guardian article lauds irritated the hell out
>> of me. [...]
>> Whether a chunk of Europe dropping offline qualifies as "breaking the
>> Internet" is an interesting question.
>
> i don't live in europe. i live in a small country in south america. i don't
> read the press and i don't have tv. i'm mostly uncontaminated by the
> debris produced by journalism.
>
> today i asked my girlfriend if she had also noted that the internet has
> been very slow for the last week or so. perhaps it was a problem with my
> connection. it was she who told me that the problem with the internet had
> been mentioned in the news (unlike me, she does watch tv and read the
> news).
>
> i'm glad for all the people who weren't affected. but whatever it was, i've
> been suffering the consequences. so i'm more than irritated by the
> assholes minimizing the problem, or treating this as "non-news".

Until this thread popped up, I hadn't heard about it either.  I hadn't
noticed any slowness but I wouldn't have known it happened either unless
Walt posted it or someone else did.

Me, I read the article.  Also thought is was neat and sort of learned
something too.

Thanks Walt.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!