On Mon, 01 Apr 2013 10:09:05 +0200, Remy Blank wrote:

> Just ignore the section "Installing into the kernel directory (for
> static installs)" on that page, unless you have a very special install
> (but then, you probably wouldn't have to ask here).

Yes, you only need that if you want the modules built into the
kernel. The zfs and spl sources include scripts to install to any kernel
tree, just unpack each source tarbal, cd into the appropriate directory
and run

./configure --enable-linux-builtin --with-linux=/usr/src/linux
./copy-builtin /usr/src/linux

for each.

--
Neil Bothwick

I am McCoy of Bo...Damnit! I'm a doctor, not a collective!